This work is done on the cheapest variety of watercolor paper in the market and though the colors seem to be bouncing off pretty well over this surface they seem very superficial to me.
This is re-creation from another of my Ready-to-Paint books by Search press that I have become a fan of… Had to use a lot of foul smelling masking fluid for the snow… was very nauseating trying to paint over that smell.
This one is from a small work in the Ready-to-paint book by Geoff Kersey, my first serious attempt at making water. I used some masking fluid for the ripple effect.
I didn’t quite manage the color I wanted on the walls and in between trying to wash off excess color and applying a new wash things became very blotchy.
Pastels are my friend Madhabi’s very favorite medium and as usual it was she who got me interested in them with the wonders that she does with them. This was just a silly attempt that I carried out on an orange pastel sheet. Needs so much work it almost hurts to look at it.
This is another pastel work on the same orange sheet. This is a still life I tried to do on my own with Lilies and carnations in a bouquet.