Being off the grid when at Palampur has become a way of life with both Hubby and me. The fact that there was little or no internet connectivity here was the primary reason and using 3G was causing excessive strain on both our wallets. Finally, managed to get the one and only local internet connection and now we are both back online. For the new year I decided to go with a new meme, that of Mailbox Monday – a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued.
I received a lot of books in November and December of 2015 and am now going to scramble to get the reviews up.
These are three books I received from Bloomsbury India over the last two months…
- Queen of shadows by Sarah J. Maas – My kind of fantasy once more. It is a part of a series and I was worried about picking up one from the middle but I followed the story easily enough.
- One by Sarah Crossan – A YA book that is as different as it was touching.
- Tom & Lucky and George and Cokey Flo by C. Joseph Greaves – I am going to dive into this one completely blind. So, lets prepared to be surprised.
These are the books I received from Random House India in December..
- Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan – Another fantasy book but more targeted towards the YA genre. My brother has read the complete Percy Jackson series and was very interested in my views on this new one.
- Make Me by Lee Child – And Jack Reacher is back! I just can’t get enough of him.
Also, I am currently reading a book for my Palampur Book Club
The Lives of others by Neel Mukherjee – This book was short listed for the Booker Prize 2015 and came with many recommendations and everyone at the Book Club is pretty excited about it. I hope it lives up to all it is professed to be.